Sunday, May 19, 2013

Going Neutral

I've always loved my couch and love seat

They are very comfortable
and the plaid colors worked
well at my previous home





But after 15 years
it's time for a change

Well kind of a change......

I have a friend who owns her own business

It's called Zip a Stitch

She is a very talented seamstress
and she is going to make me slipcovers!!!!

My couches are structurally in good shape
so this was the perfect solution

She told me to buy pre-washed fabric
which turned out to be a little challenging to find
but she suggested I call Cutting Corners
in Houston and they had the perfect fabric

It's called Canwash - Natural
 
 
 I can't wait....

.....although I'll have to because
she can't start my project
until the middle of June

Meanwhile I've been dreaming....


Light & Bright

Soft & Neutral

and a little bit shabby

I am so ready for this
wonderful new look!

Every Little Birdie says


What kind of changes are
going on in your Nest???

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! what a sweet friend. I think the fabric is going to make such a big difference in you living space!
    I can't wait to see...Not more than you, I'm sure...but I still can't wait. :)

    ...the patience will pay off, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will look great! When we moved to this house I almost got up the nerve to buy that white couch at Ikea that so many bloggers have. In the end, I just didn't want to worry about the white. Still kicking myself though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sorts of changes going on here: all new windows, all new hardwood downstairs and upstairs will soon be getting new Berber.

    I love it!

    Excited for your new covers!!!

    ReplyDelete