Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We spent an extended Memorial Day Weekend
in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area
visiting family and friends

......Well, visiting and SHOPPING!!!!

I love to hit the thrift stores, Salvation Army store,
Goodwill, and various Antique shops when we
come up this way

I thought I'd take you along on my
visit to a couple of the antique shops



 This was an antique mall in Grapevine, Texas
and I was in heaven roaming around
taking in all the fabulous charm



are you drooling yet????






This booth was filled with beautiful 
items to use in crafting


 French silk ribbon & the cutest homemade tags

and when I saw these I thought to myself
I can do this!!!!

Next, the Brownstone in Arlington, Tx



This place is magical.....


















I'm sure your thinking, Oh MY, how much
of this fabulous stuff did she buy.....

Well I didn't actually purchase anything
from these gorgeous shops
but I did "steal" an idea or two 
that I might try my hand at!!


However, nobody loves a bargain more then me
so I did come home with some great loot
from the various thrift stores


I bought two of these little hangers and
the three hankies - total cost $6.35


and bargain of the day were these two pink and white 
pillow shams for $1.00 each and two
European pillow inserts for $4.00 each - yea!!
Thank you Salvation Army
.....Oh and also the little stripped pillow in front
with one of my hankies for extra cuteness


Now my guest room has a fresh new look

I found these two ironstone pieces separate
but I decided they looked good together!
$3.00
-the poor butter dish lid had lost it's bottom
but now it's complete again

and they look great on my kitchen
shelf with my other white dishes

 this cute wire book stand for $3.00

AND I love this GARDEN STYLE book
for $2.00 (original price $25.00)



It's filled with beautiful inspiration for
decorating inside and out

 another addition to my guest room

Every Little Birdie says
 Hope your Memorial Day weekend
was full of fun memories
Mine certainly was!! 

and God bless all our troops, veterans
and the men and women who laid down their lives
so we might have freedom.

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to see all those wonderful stores, especially all the vintage items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These places look so fun! I could spend hours! That big aqua clock is so awesome. Love so many things I saw!








    ReplyDelete