Thursday, August 1, 2013

Trash 2 Treasure

In an earlier post I showed you the
wedding window sign I made

I stenciled the letters on the glass

I stopped back by the thrift store where I found this one
and they had another one just like it
so I put down my two dollars and hauled it home


 However the glass was broken in the window
so hubby so very kindly
removed the broken glass

That left me with a window frame
I decided to cover a sturdy piece of cardboard
with burlap fabric and staple it to the empty frame

I then stenciled a background design on it  





 but the paint keep soaking into the burlap
not being one to give up I just keep reapplying the paint

Next I added the words....

 
and a pretty bow


and a shabby handle

Finished Product

 It's a little different from the one
above but I'm pleased with how
it turned out

Every Little Birdie says
I love turning trash to treasure! 


  

3 comments:

  1. I really like this! It is very different and I like different! :)
    I could see using this application during any of the fall/ winter holidays to make a really cute decoration for the front door or fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! love the burlap, the sentiment and great and different way to repurpose an old window! Pinned from Blitzed
    JEnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see old windows saved and creatively used. These would be great at a country-themed wedding. The couple could take them home to use.

    ReplyDelete