Saturday, August 17, 2013

Coastal Junkin'

We just returned from a relaxing few days
at the little beach town of Rockport, Texas

Our friends Jay & Judy invited us
to join them at their grandson's
beautiful waterfront vacation home



Sorry I didn't get better pictures
- I was just too busy having fun!!

We laid on the beach, waded in the water
enjoyed the cool coastal breeze
and ate our way around town
devouring delicious seafood!

And we went junkin'

here's my haul.....

Chair for $5.00 which I will redo and make pretty


 









And this great piece
Not sure what I'll do with it
but it's got great potential
 





Two little shabby gates, one floral plate, 
and a tiny vase with roses



and all these bottles for $10.00

There is a Knox Mason Jar, a Atlas Mason Jar, a Magic Mason Jar
and the smaller one is a Ball Mason Jar

Has anyone heard of the Magic Mason Jar????  
I've never seen one of these

Also five very old bottles
I'm trying to clean them up
Anyone have any ideas on how to get all that 
old gunk out of the bottles?????


Every Little Birdie says
 Thank you Lord for sweet friends
and great fellowship

1 comment:

  1. Love the chair!! I had one I did and sold and still wishing I had keep it...just love those. Anyways on your bottles try and use a mix of 2 cup white vinegar 1 cup hot water and 1 cup salt...yup 1 cup salt. I put the salt in a bowl add the hot water and still until dissolved then add the vinegar. Fill your bottle to the top with this mix and let sit for two days. Dump enough out to be able to shake around well in the bottle...it works magic on that dried on dirt and mold that seems to love those bottles. Wash bottles then in hot soapy water or dishwasher. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete