Friday, March 22, 2013

Early Birds

My friend and I headed out early Thursday morning
to Warrenton/Round Top

For two weeks in the Spring and again in the Fall
folks from all over the country emerge on this
quiet, peaceful countryside.......

The spring Antique Fair that lines the highways through out
 these parts doesn't really start till this Saturday
but we decided to be "Early Birds" and see if we could find anyone open

We found plenty of vendors that were willing
to let us browse their tents even thought
they were still setting up

.....and of course they were
more than willing to take our money!!


Is lusting over things a bad thing????


If so I'm pretty sure I'm in trouble
 









After our fun shopping experience
we took a leisurely ride home

.....when we saw a road less traveled we took it
and found some interesting sites


Not sure what this place was
but isn't it divine
loved the color of these poppies


and you know my love affair with old barns


we stumbled upon these ruins of
an old brewery outside La Grange


and to our delight the bluebonnets
were popping up every where along
the Texas Highways

Every Little Birdie says


In my next post I'll show you
what the "early bird" found
on this little countryside adventure




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, we may have passed each other today! My sister and I and several of her friends went to the Herb Sale at Festival Hill (where you photographed the beautiful double poppies), ate at Royer's in Round Top, and then did some early bird Warrenton shopping too. We each found some great treasures! I look forward to seeing what you found too :-)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting you via The Dedicated House. You have a lovely blog. It would be wonderful to see you at My Dream Canvas. I am hosting a Giveaway, so please join in if you like what you see:) Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete