Sunday, July 28, 2013

Family Time

This past week I traveled to the
Dallas/Ft. Worth area
to spend a little time
with family

Mom and I did a lot of shopping

Here are some of my finds

love the vintage note board
 the wire basket came from Home Goods
it will go in my booth to display shabby frames

Found this great old bottle
which I decorated for my booth

and the Madonna and child post card
which sits on one of the floral frogs I found
at my local flea market

and this container for $2.00
it will either be stenciled
or decorated with burlap
I'm not sure which

We stopped by my niece's house
to drop off a birthday present
for my great nephew
I bought him a bug catcher kit
which included this gun
that sucks up insects

He and his brother loved it!!!

Next I visited my daughter
 her family
and their newest member
  Brodie

He is providing lots of summer entertainment
for my grands

Saturday morning before I headed home
my sweet son-in-law took me on a
Mom & Son date

We stopped by Starbucks for coffee
and then took a drive around the lake
 It's one of his favorite places to
take nature pictures
We headed down this path
to the lake
He taught me a lot about my I-Phone camera
and gave me a list of "must have"
apps to use with photos

Dash of Color
Fisheye Pro
Simply HDR
Long Expo Free
(check them out)
 


I love going back to see family
but I don't love the big city traffic

however once I'm out of the big city
and back in South Texas
it's smooth sailing....




Every Little Birdie says
I'm just a country girl at heart
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family.
    Shopping with Mom is fun... and nature walks with your son in law- Awesome. I can tell you have a strong love of family and they love you.
    My son in law just brought home a whole pallet full of patio pavers for the step near my pool! Now when we raise and lower the steps...we have a place to stand instead of the grass! :)
    He's so thoughtful.

    ...living South of Dallas IS NICE, I don't care for city traffic either. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely time. You have some fabulous finds there. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete