Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Out my screen door

I want to share some of the things I see from day to day out my screen door.  First my birdies!!!  All shapes, colors and sizes.  I love them one and all. They are always so cheerful, singing their songs and flying here and there.
  Another creature I see out my screened door are squirrels!
Have you ever heard of the TV show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"????
Well, we could star in a new show "Are you smarter than a Squirrel"?????
and apparently the answer is NO!

These mischievous little guys EAT my birdfood!!!!!   We've tried a squirrel guard above our bird feeder.  Guaranteed to stop these pesky guys.!!!!
But they are quite the little acrobats and are able to work around this.

Next we tried a new kind of feeder.....


This one has a wire frame around the actual feeder and is spring loaded so when the squirrel gets on it the wire frame is pushed down to cover the feed openings.  Sounds good but I'm not convinced....the jury is still out but I'll let you know if it works.  Mean while hubby was out today working on the other feeder with the squirrel guard.  He has lowered the feeder dropping it further below the guard.  Let's see how that works!!


and last but not least I see the deer out my screened door


There were 12 in my yard this morning.  I say my yard.....but they look at me like
"What are YOU doing in MY yard"??????
and I guess I really did move into their home so it's only fair I share it with them.

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
THE GOOD LORD MADE THEM ALL!
                                                                                                   Cecil Frances Alexander








No comments:

Post a Comment