Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My french country Nest

I love decorating in the french country and shabby chic styles.  I thought I'd invite you into my nest and a show you what I've done in my guest bath.

I designed my cabinets in the "furniture front" style and had them painted off white with an antique glaze.  I already had the framed mirror, so I decided to use it in this bath above the sink. 
I think it works great.


Next I purchased this darling french country chair at my favorite local shop, "The Market of Victoria".  It's a little boutique with gifts, home decor, and ladies apparel. 
You will see lots of things around my nest from this cute shop! 
Placed next to the chair is a small antique cabinet with a marble top. 
I think the cabinet and chair make the bathroom feel a little more inviting and comfortable.

On the small cabinet I have a framed picture of the Eiffel Tower.  I bought the frame for $5.00 at my local resale shop and the picture is from my dad's World War II postcard collection which I inherited.


This shelf hangs above the table and chair. 

I love anything silver and if it's tarnished all the better!

I found these cute "french" bottles at Hobby Lobby.

I love white towels, they always look so fresh and clean. 
These are from the Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic collection sold at Target




 My hanging metal bucket is perfect for magazines.
There is "Cottage Style" and "Victoria Bliss"
for your reading pleasure.
And last but not least, I found this cute french country bath mat at Walmart!!
Don't you just love the rooster! 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today
and  taking a peek into my nest.
If you have ideas on how to make a guest bathroom
warm and welcome for friends and family
I'd love to hear about them.
Please feel free to leave a comment.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment