Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chalk Paint & Chicken Wire!

I've been a busy girl over 
the last couple of days......

I've sold quite a bit from my booth

It needed re-stocking so off to work I went.....


This piece was an old brown cabinet
I gave it two coats of white chalk paint

It still didn't have the look I wanted ....

So I painted it light green
  then I distressed it so you could see the white finish
and some of the original wood

Now it's got just the right shabby look!

Next....

 I found this Broyhill night stand for $5.00
As you can imagine it was in need of some love and care

A coat of blue chalk paint
and some cute knobs did the trick

Then out came the chicken wire.....

 I painted this frame white
attached chicken wire to the frame
then hung my little wreath creation in the center

Yes, I'm already putting Christmas items
in my booth, and yes people are already
buying them!!

  Everyone loves my display frame
with the chicken wire and burlap backing
So when I found another gold ornate frame
I created another one (a little smaller)  to sell

It's in the back on the floor behind the bed 
  
I'm working on a Christmas Tree for my booth
and will share it with you when I'm finished

I've got to get cleaned up because I'm off to a
Breast Cancer Fund Raiser
with some friends tonight

A Mammogram saved my life!

Make sure you get yours, detection is the best protection!!
   
  Every Little Birdie says-
Hope you are enjoying this cool fall weather
What a blessing from above!! 

join me at
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/10/feathered-nest-friday_24.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment