Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On the road again

I've just returned from a week
 in the DFW area

I saw lots of friends and family
and had a wonderful time, but that's
not what this post is about

It's about how much I love the drive
through South Texas

It's pure Texas country and I
love every mile of it

It takes you back to a simpler way of life

here are some pictures I snapped on my drive

Red Barns and Windmills

They make my heart skip a beat











Beautiful livestock

Small towns




with a church on every corner


and their beautiful historic homes


 their stately county courthouses




and the open roads with land as far as you can see


roadside country cafes


and BBQ Joints

and the occasional antique/junk shop

What's not to love!!

It takes me back to a time gone by....

Life was simple but in my opinion better

That's why I love driving
through South Texas

in many ways the simple life
still exists there
and it warms my heart to see it

Every Little Birdie says-


What makes your heart skip a beat?


3 comments:

  1. You also like a good helpin' of the glamorous life. Don't lie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes, I did enjoy my time with you in Big D, but that's another story......

      Delete
  2. I so ♥ all of Texas. I love DFW, but one day I'm going to stop in some of those small town main drags and the junky antique stores on the side of the road. They call to me. Great pix of my favorite things too.

    ReplyDelete