Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our shopping trip to Goliad

As I've mentioned, my mom and sister are visiting so on Saturday we drove over to Goliad for a little shopping and lunch.  Goliad is a very historical and charming little town.  It has a very pretty square with a beautiful court house in the center.

Goliad County Court House

The Square at Goliad

I promised I would share the treasures we found
at the cute shops in Goliad.  Here are a few
The Soho Emporium
This was the first shop we went in and we really loved it. 
 The prices were great and we all found treasures we could not live without!!!!
Here are a few pics inside the store.


Everywhere we looked there were beautiful things!!

Mom found this little picnic basket

I found this little embroidery picture I couldn't live without

Another shop we enjoyed was
"The Hanging Tree" Antique shop



This shop is filled to the brim with everything you could want from
Times Past.  Love the hunt in this place!!!!

At one shop my sister found this cute bunny for Easter

Of course I had to find something "BIRDIE"
Don't you just love this little cage that fits over my little bird nest!!!
My mom says "Now your birds can't fly away"

As you can see we had a very fun shopping day.  We stopped on the square to have lunch at the Blue Quail Deli. 
The Jalapeno soup was to die for!!

Before we left town we drove by one of the beautiful mission/forts they have in the Goliad area.

This is Presidio La Bahai (The fort of the bay)
This landmark is considered the world's finest example
of a Spanish frontier fort

If you ever get the chance you must visit the charming town of Goliad. 
You could easily spend a day here seeing
all the sites and shopping all the shops!!

Be prepared to SHOP TILL YOU DROP!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha, I enjoyed your post about Goliad very much. A few years ago we camped at the campground there and visited the town and the area close by. We also shopped in Victoria! I just love the area and hope to visit again sometime. Your post brought back to mind lots of great memories! Thank you for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I will get to Texas, now I know the town to go to,
    love the way you all appreciate vintage stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those outings out with the fam and friends. Your little town that you visited oozes with history. Love to visit Texas! Thanx for sharing...visit me sometimes. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped over to your blog site. Love all the vintage stuff!!! I am your newest follower!

      Delete