Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hospitality

I want my Guest Room to be a haven
for my family and friends

I believe that's part of hospitality
having a guest room that feels
like a HOME away from home

So with this in mind I decided to make some changes.....


 
This sleigh bed was my son's when he was younger
A little too modern for my taste
Time to give it to my grandson
and find one more fitting for this room


So I started looking .......

I found some wonderful antique iron beds
 
 
but they were too big for my room
and would have over powered the space
 
I finally found a four poster bed
that after a little
RE-DESIGNING
would be perfect


 
Here is the foot board
(didn't get a before of the headboard)



Head board with one coat of paint

 
 
Second coat of chalk paint


A little distressing



A pretty stencil

Are you ready for the finished project?


Comfy and Inviting


 


 
Filled with some personal touches
 
 
 
 
A relaxing atmosphere
 
 
 
 
I love the four poster bed
It's softer, fits in with my shabby theme,
and I think it creates a very warm and welcoming
room for my guests
 
 
Every Little Birdie says
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment