Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Unexpected

As some of you know I have a little side
job on a ranch

No not roping or herding cattle
but working in the office 
on an as needed basis

I was asked to work this week 
and that's where the unexpected happened

Monday I showed up to work the office
and the rancher's wife mentioned that I should
come over to the house and look at
some furniture she was going to have painted

It was a beautiful antique bed, dresser, chest, 
a couple of chairs and a dressing bench

She wanted it  painted with
Annie Sloan Old White

Well long story short
as it ended up guess who did the painting......

ME!!

Take a look at the finished product






It was a fun job!

She is putting together a very cute
room for her little granddaughters.

I'll show you the room when she
is finished decorating 

Another unexpected thing......

she took me to the ranch barn
where there is some old furniture stored

I came home with an old singer sewing
machine base, a dresser, and a vanity

Every Little Birdie says-
  Don't you love it when
unexpected blessing happens!!
 








 

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! That is just so awesome - I am super happy for you!!!!

    I love love love to have days like that. Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a grest job. I cannot wait to see to see the finished room. I bet the trip to the barn was fun. sounds like you found some treasures. Blessings

    ReplyDelete