Sunday, November 17, 2013

Icky Sticky Bubble Gum

October was a great month
for my Vintage Nest Booth

I even sold a few pieces of my furniture
One of the pieces I sold was my twin bed
Needing to re-stock I stopped by
Salvation Army 
to see what they had

 Found this twin iron bed
for $50.00
It was missing the decorative knobs
on the post
and some dear child had thought it was
a good place to stick their gum
Lots, and lots of gum all over the posts

NOT TO WORRY
a little goo gone 
a little elbow grease
gum be gone!!

Next a trip to Hobby Lobby for 
some new knobs for the bed posts

...and now it looks good as new!!
 

 How darling is this????

Also here is a sneak peak
at some of the furniture
I bought at the barn 
last week

It's been mistreated 
and in need of a lot of love (and work)
but I'm up for a  challenge!!!



I think it's got great bones
and will look beautiful 
in Annie Sloan "Duck Blue"
Every Little Birdie says
 One man's trash
+ a little love and work
= a real treasure!!!

join me at
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-76.html
    


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe those are the pieces you got out of the barn....Please make sure you post pics...I know you will make them beautimous.... Love your booth.. The bed is a beaut too. Have a great day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love the iron headboard! Those pieces of furniture are lovely and will look wonderful with a fresh coat of paint. :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete