Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crafty Weekend

My daughter, grands, and niece
came for a visit......

We had a fun weekend
crafting and
treasure hunting
at local flea markets

We decorated jars.....my granddaughter made
the one on the left for her new teacher

I showed my daughter and niece how
to make a blackboard

I found this old frame at the flea market
for $1.00, painted it white, distressed it
& added some paper flowers
(I use the glass that came in the
frame to paint my blackboard)

My niece is getting married in October
and wanted a chalkboard for part
of her wedding decor
and now she has one!!!!

I used a smalled frame (one I had already painted white
and had stashed in my closet for a future project)
 to make another chalkboard
My daughter will use this one
in her classroom

 My niece taught us how to make roses out
of book pages

She is using these paper roses,
book page wreaths and
mason jars to decorate
the tables for her reception
She has some awesome ideas for decorations
at her wedding and has had her entire family
and fiancee helping her with the crafts
so we jumped right in and did our part!!!
We even had my grandson crafting!!!!

You can't have this much fun without making a mess!!!!!

By Sunday morning everyone
was gone.......but they had left me
in the crafting mood, so...........



I decided to decorate some of
my bottles and jars



Every Little Birdie says-

Spending time with my family,
flea market shopping,
and crafting
What an awesome weekend!!

Linking up over at:

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it was seriously that cheap! I should try out the dollar store or something and add the blackboard paint. Thanks for the ideas! It looks so good
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the looks of it, you guys had a fun time. Love the paper roses and the decorated bottles. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete