Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The Art of Collecting


Dishes, Dishes, Dishes


I love to collect things!!

 Especially dishes
It's been a passion of mine
throughout my life




Some are treasures I've bought
 others were handed down from family 
and then there were those that were gifted 
to me from precious friends

The above platter is Haviland French Limoge
handed down from my brother-in-laws family

(it hangs over a christening gown worn
by me and my cousins on my mother's 
side of the family)


Most of the plates that hang above
my sideboard are Homer Laughlin
 I also love finding pretty dish lids 
They add a little dimension



My kitchen shelf
includes treasured dishes
 my collection of scales
an English hot water bottle
(from my Mom's collection)
along with favorite cookbooks

and the best for last......

I've been collecting white pitchers for years


This shelf is above my kitchen window
it's the first thing I see when I walk into my kitchen

These are some of my favorite pitchers

They were all love at first sight and I 
remember where each one came from


Every Little Birdie says

Surround yourself with things you love,
and your home will become your happy place


What treasures have you collected?

No comments:

Post a Comment