Friday, March 9, 2018

Good Junk!

Nothing is better than the
first hint of SPRING!

The grass is getting green
the trees are beginning to bud.......

Springs a coming y'all
 
It's time to freshen up
those outdoor spaces!!

So yesterday I had one of those moments


"I think I'll make a coffee table 
for my outside patio"
 
As some of you know
I have a lot of what I like to
call "good junk" stored in my garage

So off I went to dig through my junk...
 
I decided this old cabinet door
would make a great table top
 

and this old piece of junk (I found at a yard 
sale) will be perfect for the base



 I decided to sand the back of the cabinet door
and then shabby it up a bit with 
a coat of white wash paint

(white paint + a little water = white wash paint)

That gave it just the look I was going for!

I then gave it a coat of polyurethane sealer
since it will used outside

 
Next I made a trip to Hobby Lobby
looking for some rustic hardware
 
Found these handles that were
made to look old! 
 
PERFECT


I screwed the handles on each end
to give it the appearance of  
an old tray


 I added this cute shabby metal basket
to my tray top for a little added 
shabby character
 
(another find at Hobby Lobby
got it on sale for $10.00)


Then I relocated (from my patio) 
a white iron bird
and a enamel pot with a succulent

(use what you got sister)



Now I have a new (OLD) 
coffee table ready to move onto my outdoor patio


Every Little birdie says
Don't you love it when one of
your bright ideas actually works!
 

6 comments:

  1. GREAT job - I really really love that table - and the fact that you repurposed it all so perfectly - well done, indeed! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to see items that were headed to the trash heap come to life with a new purpose. Thanks, I'm so glad you stopped by Every Little Birdie!

      Delete
  2. very cute! I am in chilly Wisconsin, only dreaming of spring ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes dreaming can be nice too!!! Thanks for stopping by Every Little Birdie!

      Delete
  3. You did a really good job. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela for the nice words! I'm so glad you stopped by at Every Little Birdie!

      Delete