Sunday, February 19, 2017

One man's junk.......

I went to a vintage/junk sale
down the road from me
this weekend

As the saying goes
"One man's junk, another woman's treasure"

It was at the Knights of Columbus Hall
in Edna, Texas.  Table after table filled this
hall with lots of good treasures, a few 
vintage items and plenty of JUNK!!

Of course I found a few things
that needed to come home with me

After cleaning layers and layers of 
dust and dirt off my pieces
they are finally cleaned up and 
displayed around my Nest


These three coffee cans caught my eye
I'm familiar with Folger's
but I'd never seen IGA and Admiration

They found a home on top of my fridge
in the laundry room along with this
wonderful old Border's milk bottle

This truly was a vintage buy.
How many of you remember having
your milk poured from one of these?




Another thing that always catches my eye 
are old glass lantern's 
I have a small collection and 
found one more at the junk sale

Love the green base



It makes a great addition to my 
Secretary/Curio cabinet 
on the screened porch

And then there was this piece....
It was probably a lid to something???

I had no idea what I would do with it
but I knew it had to come home with me!!

Once home it found it's spot

Can't you imagine some delicious scones
under that sweet lid to go with your
pot of tea?

These old "left behind" treasures
have found a new home and
a new purpose at my Nest and I'm so glad
they came home with me!

Every Little Birdie says
It's never junk as long as someone treasures it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment