Thursday, January 12, 2017

Making changes in 2017

I loved the shimmer and sparkle
of my nest during the Christmas season


But all good things must come to an end.....

So New Year's Eve we celebrated
the end of an awesome year
Goodbye 2016

AND WELCOMED 


of course the beginning of a new year
means taking down the Christmas decor

and putting your house back to normal

BUT WAIT, WHAT IS NORMAL?

AND WHERE DID I PUT 
THE NORMAL "STUFF"?

AND IF I FIND IT,
WHERE DOES IT GO?


If you are under 50, 
you may not have this problem. 

However, if you have aged 
(like a fine wine)
Grown in wisdom 
(and a few other places)
And have that crown of silver hair 
(isn't silver the new blonde?)

YOU JUST MIGHT UNDERSTAND!!


Well, what's a gal to do?

RE-DECORATE OF COURSE!!

......and that doesn't mean spending money 
on new things.  Use what you have!
I love pulling pieces from storage
that I haven't used in a while.  
  
It's a great time for CHANGE!

Move decor pieces around.
Move furniture around.
It will look fresh and new to your eye.

The New Year is the perfect time to give your
nest a new look.  After all, it's a fresh start
for you and your home.

  Here are a few of my recent changes
Gone is the shimmer and sparkle of Christmas.  I've replaced it with a clean fresh look.




Decided to pull out my tea cups and display them.
Each one has it's own story.
They bring good memories from past times.










I'm not through mixing it up around here!
I'll keep you posted on my Nest's new look.


...and while I was busy re-decorating
Lacy Mae was busy keeping an eye 
on her property

"Well someone's got to keep an eye on this place"

Next I'm on to planning our Spring trip
to the Big Bend area of Texas

If you have been there and have
advice or suggestions 
please leave comments!!

Every Little Birdie says
Happy 2017 y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment