Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Inspired

It's been so hot
I haven't been inspired
to get out in the garage and paint
 
But my inspiration was renewed
 
when I found a cute little
cradle that needed some TLC
at a flea market
 
and then there were
a couple of sweet friends
that said....

"Do you want this old thing?
I'm getting rid of it."

Well you know the answer to that!!
 
I couldn't wait to
 
Redesign
Repaint
Repurpose
 


so off to the garage I went....
 
This Texas gal ain't afraid
of a little heat


 
The cradle was brown and in need of a little work
A little glue and tightening some screws did the job
Next a coat of white chalk paint


 Then I got out my fabric
and started working on
the bedding

I covered a pillow with
a piece of chenille
for the bedding

and then made a pillow
out of scrape trim
and a cute hanky

Now it's at the shop
ready for a sweet little girl
and her baby doll!!

Next:
This Old Thing # 1

All it needed was
a little white paint
and some cute knobs

it sold the minute
I put it in my booth

and
This Old Thing #2


a darling bentwood hall tree
a coat of white paint
fixed it right up too!!


 

Now I'm using it
for display in my booth
(and yes, it's also for sale)


Every Little Birdie says



No comments:

Post a Comment