Saturday, August 15, 2015

House Tour

Do you watch Downton Abbey?
 
If so, your going to love this post!!
 
I thought I'd take you on a tour of some of the
stately manor homes we toured last year on our
trip to England
 
(It's been almost a year and I've been reminiscing
through my photos from our trip)

 
 
These homes are GRAND in every way
Hope you enjoy the tour
 
Kingston Lacy
This National Trust Home was just a short drive
from my cousin's cottage

Gardens and stables are at back of house






View from side of home


Yours truly posing on the steps
 
And here is my favorite room
in this beautiful home

The lady of the Manor's Boudoir

They literally had to drag me out of this room. 
I would have stayed there forever!
(I don't know what the problem was....they could have visited me on the weekends)

Morning Tea
 
 
and later have your friends over for afternoon tea


Lanhydock Estate

We toured this home while on our "holiday" to Cornwall



Fireplace in the formal dining room
dishes in the kitchen
One of the formal living areas

 
Informal sitting room
 
Tea Time
 


Gentleman's Bedroom
Nursery

 
Nanny's Room

Storage Room for Guests luggage

Let's step outside to the gardens

Formal Garden


and then on to the Higher Garden
(My Favorite)

 

Is it too much to want my front flowerbed to look just like this!


That's enough walking for one day.
Time to stop off at a local pub for a
little refreshment

Every Little Birdie says
But don't put your walking shoes away yet!
Next post we will tour two more stately homes

Note:
Sorry to say Highclere Castle is not on the tour
but if you've watched Downtown Abbey you've already toured it!


No comments:

Post a Comment