Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Two Dollars, Well Spent!

Sometime ago I found a door
(that once belonged on a large cabinet)
leaning up against a wall
in a thrift shop

I asked if it was for sale
She said "Oh I guess so, how about $2.00?

I grabbed it as fast as I could!

I didn't know what I was going
to do with it, but I knew it
had lots of potential

FAST FORWARD.......

Today I used it to make a shelf 
in my booth space

 I added two brackets on each end
and presto.....a shelf!

 I think it looks pretty good in my space

It may be hard to tell but it has
a glass insert within a wood frame
and an old handle on the door 

It may have stood in my closet
for 6 months, but it finally
found it's purpose

........................................................................
Also, while out junking yesterday
I found an old table that had
great style but the top needed a coat of paint
and the bottom part needed some TLC
and a little glue

(of course I don't have a before picture)

 I painted the top with Annie Sloan Old White paint
and gave it a coat of dark wax

this picture doesn't show the top very well 
but it turned out really pretty

the table is from the early 1940's and has a shipping
label on the underside that shows it was
shipped to Foster Air Field in 1944
(Foster Field was an old air base in Victoria during WWII) 


the booth is filling up





If you are local please stop by
Good Old Days Antique Mall 
and check out "The Vintage Nest" booth!!
(located on Crestwood, just off Navarro)

Tomorrow I'm off to Warrenton
Round Top for the Antique Show

Every Little Birdie says
    I promise to show you my loot shoot
in my next post

2 comments:

  1. Your shop is just full of wonderful eye candy.. Just beautiful.. love the shelf.. and the table...May you be blessed to sell it all. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have styled your booth - so appealing. Of course the last line about going to Warrenton for the antique show made me green with envy. Have fun and take plenty of pictures.

    ReplyDelete