Friday, February 28, 2014

Day Tripping

Wednesday we headed 
to the hill country

first stop
Gonzales, to pop into my favorite
thrift shop on the square


Then to New Braunfels
to visit our dear friends
at Villa Sartain


 After catching up on their recent trip to Italy
we piled in Janie's new toy.....
 
Gucci Fiat

 and headed to Gruene, Texas

1st stop -happy hour at a local tavern
to hear our friend Allen Goodman play

I decided to try my hand at
taking pictures with my new app- "Simply HDR"

After some great music
we went to dinner at 

The Gruene Door 


 Wonderful atmosphere, Great Food

Thursday morning hubby
and I headed to Austin for 
a little more day tripping

State Capital

 First we visited a guitar shop for hubby
then I found a funky little thrift store
near the downtown area called 
Treasure City Thrift on 7th St.

Next we headed to Foodheads Cafe

  Let's try my simply HDR app -
Oh this is fun photography

Back to lunch - I had a grilled chicken/eggplant 
sandwich to die for!!
This is a must place for lunch should you find
yourself in Austin!!!!

After lunch back to New Braunfels for a little more shopping
at Lot 59
also called Junkology

and then a little evening entertainment
at the Villa

 

Janie and my hubby 
always deliver a great show!!

 Great time with great friends

Every Little Birdie says-
I love to go day tripping!

1 comment:

  1. You are a pro. Thanks for turning our visit into a great memory. It is so neat to see our music time photographed and published. This is one of my favorite blogs yet. Keep up the great sharing. Janie

    ReplyDelete