Friday, May 16, 2014

The Yellow Rose of Texas

OK, it's not exactly a Rose....

but nothing says Texas like
the flowering Prickly Pear Cactus


 My cactus is just plain showing off
this spring!!

 Look at these gorgeous yellow blossoms

I dug this plant up last year
potted it and it is doing great

.......it was on one of the corners of our
property and my hubby was going
to mow it down with his big, bad mower!!!!!

So glad I came to the rescue!

 It would have been a shame
to miss this exquisite beauty

Each flower will fall off and
form another cactus pad

The Yellow Rose of Texas may be our song
But did you know -
 
  The prickly pear cactus was designated the official plant symbol of Texas in 1995.



 Every Little Birdie Says
Beautiful to look at
but don't TOUCH
( believe me, I'm speaking from experience!!!! )

 

1 comment: