Sunday, May 1, 2022

Living the "small" life

 I haven't posted in a while

Been kind of busy re-creating our lives

My last post was about our visit to a charming place

called Smithville, the small town with a Big heart

Fast forward to TODAY, we now live here!!

Folks that live here call it
THE VILLE


After searching for a house that was perfect for us

we decided on the Mill's House

(thanks to Ann & Jeannie, our realtors, for finding the right house for us

and thanks to the Mills Family for the love and care they poured into the home)



Painters arrive soon to paint house Sage Green and Trim and Garage White.  
Next I'll add planter boxes under small windows.







 We are in the process of making it

THE WILLIAMS HOUSE

"AKA" The Nest





First inside project updating the kitchen


KITCHEN - BEFORE



AFTER



It's hard to tell in this photo but
the cabinets are a very light blue/green
It really gives it a fresh look

We selected bar stools and lighting over the bar
that have a bit of the industrial look 
I think it helps give it an updated finish


As you can see this home is quite a bit smaller than our 
home in the Victoria area
However, I was able to use most of my furniture
It now has a cozy atmosphere which I think
adds to the Cottage style






We also added a farmhouse chandelier over the dining table

Sitting next to my dining table
is my Grandfather's antique desk
which I turned into a bar
(Since he ran a pub in England I think he would be
thrilled with the idea)



I left the "built in" shelves/cabinets
 in the living room natural wood
I think it has a warm feel to it







My antique sideboard sits across from my dining table




The house has 3 bedrooms and an office that Dan
is turning into his music room/office

Here are the bedrooms











My Laundry Room might be small but 
it’s loaded with vintage items for decor




And last but not least my favorite
thing about our Smithville house

The Breezeway





We love our little NEST in the Ville

We are making lots of friends and  beginning to feel a part of this wonderful community 

and we added one more golf cart to 
this "golf cart" town
We call her the "Cherry Bomb"

Dan is finding his musician friends


and I have joined the Smithville Garden Club


We feel blessed to be here!

Every Little Birdie says
Y'all come see us in the "VILLE"

1 comment:

  1. How delightful to see your post today! Your new home is so lovely and inviting <3 I've visited Smithville a few times and have enjoyed it each time. I live between Wimberley and Blanco (in the hill country) so I end up taking 71 through Smithville to La Grange to go to the Warrenton (Round Top) antiques show in the spring and fall. I hope you'll share more of the area with us :-)

    ReplyDelete