Thursday, June 6, 2019

Hello Summer!

We've entered the month of June
over here at Every Little Birdies

Let the TEXAS summer begin!!

Time to enjoy a little gardening
I love my Red Geraniums

 The pungent smell of these flowers
take me back to my Nana's small
garden in England


 and my ferns are in remembrance
of my Dad. He had such a green thumb
and loved his many pots of ferns

a large galvanized tub filled
with asparagus fern
greets folks at our back door

 The succulents are loving the warm weather


However, sharing my flowerbeds
with these "nibblers" can be
a little challenging

I recently planted some
Lamb's Ear in my front flower beds
and they have stood the test
of a deer resistant plant 








Another plant not on the deer's menu
LANTANA
I love it, Texas hardy and beautiful too!



 These tubs are in a bed by the
outside patio


My secret to keeping the deer away 
from this area......

I plant different herbs in with my other plants
They hate the strong smells of herbs!!

One can get a little "dewy" 
gardening in the Texas heat
 
My favorite solution.......





Retreat to the screened summer porch
 

 Grab a big glass of iced tea,
kick back and enjoy the summer breeze
(even if it's from a ceiling fan)




 
Birdie says
It's just a 

Y'ALL

 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love every bit of your gardens! The porch looks sooo inviting, love it.

    ReplyDelete