Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Good Junk

Do you have "girl friend" dates???

Me and one of my best girl friends have
regular dates (we try for once a week)

This week I went to her home
to look at some furniture
and give her advice on 
which pieces we should paint

We decided to start with.....

Her breakfast table and chairs

I promise to post on the finished project!!

..........Then we headed down the road
to Cuero, Texas for a little shopping

We both love to go junkin'
and Cureo is just the place to do it

In one of the shops I found an old
metal percolator coffee pot and
an aluminum cake cover

$2.00 - coffee pot
$3.00 cake cover

The sales lady said "what are you going
to do with these old things?"

I really didn't know what I'd do with
them, but I knew they were
Good Junk!

I went home, got out my crafting supplies
and look what happened! 
Aluminum cake cover
 
I took the old wooden knob off the top and replaced it with a cute "Paris" knob, then I embellished it with some lace, pearls 
and bling, and last I sat it on this cake stand 
(which I made from thrift finds) 

Old coffee Pot
I made a decorative flower out of some of my ticking material, added a tiny doily for the base and hot glued it to the pot

 It works great on my kitchen shelf
to hold up my cookbooks




Every Little Birdie says
 I love junk!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment