Sunday, May 17, 2015

An English Summer.......

One of the many delights I experienced
during my time in England was
"The English Summerhouse"
 
 
A summer house or summerhouse has traditionally referred to a building or shelter used for relaxation in warm weather.[1] This would often take the form of a small, roofed building on the grounds of a larger one, but could also be built in a garden or park, often designed to provide cool shady places of relaxation or retreat from the summer heat.
 
 
As summer approach's this Texas girl
(with a strong English heritage)
is dreaming ......
 

What would my summerhouse
look like????
 

Cool colors would certainly help
in the hot Texas heat
 
I could dream of a pretty English garden
but the Texas white tail deer would gobble
it up before my dream was over!
 
 
But still a girl can dream
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and of course, pretty furnishing
would be a must!
 
and here is where my dream
originated.....in my cousin's pretty English
garden, where I spent many an
afternoon relaxing in his sweet
little summerhouse
 
Andy's summerhouse

Every Little Birdie says
Just a Texas girl dreaming of a English Summer
 


No comments:

Post a Comment