Sunday, July 6, 2014

By Request

I finally sold my Annie Sloan
"Duck Egg Blue"
Vanity & chair last week

 As sometimes happens it sat in my
booth for months
and all of a sudden three ladies
wanted it at the same time!

I received a call from the shop-
"The other ladies want to know if
 you are going to be doing a similar piece
anytime soon"
 
I knew I needed to get out there, start looking
and finish something ASAP!

Well as luck would have it
last week I found this cute desk at 
the Salvation Army
 It had good bones but needed a lot of work

I used liquid putty to fill all 
the holes, dents and deep scratches



I gave it a primer coat....

Then I started mixing paint colors until I 
got the paint color I wanted

A LIGHT BLUE



I gave it a couple of coats of paint
distressed and waxed it and
added some new knobs






As soon as I finish a matching chair
to go with the desk, they will be taking 
a trip to my booth

and I'm hoping one of the ladies
that missed out on the vanity
will fall in love with this new "blue" piece!!

Every Little Birdie says-
 Check back to see my next post....
The finished project in my booth space!

2 comments: