Sunday, June 1, 2014

Painting Class

A couple of weeks back
I had my very first 


Painting 101 Class

A couple of my friends wanted to learn
 about painting with chalk paint 

The class covered:

  • Using the right supplies for the job
  • How to make your own chalk paint
  • Mixing paints to get the right color 
  • Painting 101
  • Distressing your piece
  • Waxing your piece 
  • Using stencils

The right supplies make all the difference!


 We looked at examples of Annie Sloan chalk paint
vs. my homemade chalk paint

Very little difference!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I love Annie Sloan Paint
but I can't always afford the convenience
so I make my own


   They each brought a piece to practice painting

This little rocking chair belonged to 
JonAnn's father when he was a boy
Very sentimental but in need of a makeover
She mixed different paints to create this pretty blue

How adorable is this????

And my friend Judy brought an old chair she 
found in her husband's shop

 She choose a light green paint

 and added this pretty stencil

This piece went from being a boring industrial chair
to a chair with personality!!

 We had a great time and they were pleased 
with what they learned

.....and I've already got girls wanting to
know when my next class will be!

Every Little Birdie says
 We ended with a little "happy hour"
to reward all our hard work!!

It was a fun day with great friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment